How Much Does It Cost to Rent an ATV?
There’s no greater feeling than enjoying the sheer power of a recreational ride in the great outdoors. Whether you’re a fan of off-roading in an ATV or leisurely cruising around in a jet ski, powersports activities are certainly fun hobbies, but they can be expensive ones as well.
If purchasing an ATV, UTV, boat, or other recreational vehicle is out of reach, renting one can be a great option. Renting can also be more convenient for many enthusiast as well. But, if you’re new to the world of powersports rentals, it can be intimidating to know where to start.
Cost Considerations in Renting Recreational Vehicles
Here are some key considerations to keep in mind when exploring rental markets for recreational rides:
- Type of Vehicle: Consider the type of activity you’re looking to do and what the best option will be. There will be cost differences between an ATV and a UTV rental, for example. On the water, a boat will likely cost you more than a simple jet ski.
- Year/Make/Model: If the vehicle is newer, it likely has more bells and whistles that will make it pricier to rent. Some models, such as Kawasaki ATVs, are also considered to be more luxurious or high performance, which means you’ll pay more.
- Location: Where you choose to rent can be a significant factor as well. If you’re looking to off-road in a more rural area, you’ll probably need to pad your budget a bit more versus renting in a more accessible location.
- Timing: Most renters spend 2-4 hours using an ATV, but additional time may be needed to haul the vehicle to the right location and back. Consider whether it makes more sense to rent by the hour or by the day (if that’s an option).
- Insurance: Some locations will ask you to provide proof of insurance that will cover any damage or liabilities. Otherwise, you may be on the hook for mandatory insurance charges as well.
- Ancillary Fees: Always check to see what’s included in a rental or what you may be on the hook for after. There may be ancillary surcharges, cleaning fees, or charges related to fuel costs. These additional fees can quickly add up.
- Extras: Will you need a utility trailer to haul the ATV or watercraft? Do you need to rent the right car to tow it? Will you need to provide your own helmets or protective gear? Consider all the extra expenses that come with a fun ride outdoors.
Pay Less, Play More with DayTrail
DayTrail is a rental marketplace for outdoor vehicles including ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes, and watercraft. It connects vehicle owners with renters who are looking for an easy way to rent a ride for a fun day outdoors. Renting from DayTrail is also a great way to try out a powersports vehicle prior to purchasing one.
At DayTrail, all our rates are by the day, not by the hour. This allows you to know your total charges upfront and spend more time outside without the worry of a ticking timeclock. And with owners across the country ready to rent out their rides, you’ll find a great vehicle option wherever your next adventure takes you.
Ultimately, renting a powersports vehicle is cheaper than buying one. And if you’re a first-time user, renting is far wiser too. The next time you have an itch to go outside, try an outdoor marketplace like DayTrail, where you’re far more likely to find more convenient and cost-effective options.